Leading Texas Pediatric Doctors in McKinney, Texas
Four dedicated, skilled, devoted, licensed, board-certified pediatrician doctors are heading up ABC Pediatrics in McKinney, TX.
These doctors agree that child well visits are vital to the health and well-being of your child. During these visits, the doctor watches your child as they grow and meet certain milestones. These well-visits help our doctors find and identify physical, emotional, and mental issues and if your child is delayed or struggling. In addition, this visit helps the doctor institute a plan of care as soon as possible.
What to Expect During a Well Visit
Visit ABC Pediatrics in McKinney, TX. Our four dedicated and skilled pediatrician doctors explain to you and your child what to expect during a well visit.
Boys and girls can expect the same head-to-toe exam with a few differences. Children are also assessed differently based on age, as seen in the following.
- Head circumference
- Exam of head, ears, eyes, mouth
- Assess skin
- Palpitation of the abdomen for abnormalities
- Genitalia exam for lumps, infection, tenderness
- Vision check
- Hearing exam
- Assess mental, emotional, behavioral, and social development
- Assess the child's interaction with others
- Assess the child's speech
- Height/Weight/assess the child's body mass index
- Blood pressure
- Heart rate
- Administration of immunizations
- Ask questions, address parent concerns, offer recommendations
School Entrance Exam
This exam includes all the above, in addition to,
- Daily physical activity
- Sleep habits
- If the child is growing out of total independence from parents
- Motor and speech skills
- Reading skills and problem-solving abilities
A teen exam includes all of the above, in addition to,
- Assessing the teen for indications of alcohol, tobacco, and drug use.
- Signs of depression.
- Assess eating disorders.
- Assessment of a teen's sexual health.
- Girls learn monthly breast exams and may recommend a gynecologic exam.
- Boys may be checked for hernias/testicular cancer and know how to do a testicular self-exam.
Call ABC Pediatrics-McKinney for Your Child's Well Visit
The best way for you and your child to prepare for a well visit is to write down all the questions you or your child may have before visiting the doctor. We take as much time as you and your child need and ensure that all your concerns and questions are answered.
We want you and your child to feel comfortable and welcome at ABC Pediatrics. We strive to gain your child's trust, removing the fear of going to the doctor.
Our skilled pediatrician doctors at ABC Pediatrics in McKinney, TX want to meet you and your child. So call us today and schedule your child's well visit at (972) 569-9904.